A Framework for Healthcare Services using Mobile and Sensor cloud Technologies
The work proposed under this Remote Healthcare project will be distributed around the following themes.
(1) Firstly it will concentrate on developing sensor-cloud infrastructure for provisioning (remote) healthcare services.
(2) Secondly, it will find efficient solutions to pervasive healthcare services over wireless networks while ensuring the quality of service (QoS) requirements.
(3) Thirdly, It will find suitable mechanism for representation of healthcare data using semi-structured data model and integration of such data model with sensor-cloud towards building a cloud-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) System.
(4) Finally, it will develop service integration (like video-medic) techniques and knowledge extraction techniques for mobile healthcare applications.
While fulfilling the above objectives, the project will consider the following issues
- Seamless communication over heterogeneous 3G wireless networks (e.g., cellular network, WiFi, IEEE 802.15.4 enabled sensor networks, the Internet) and efficiently managing the network resources
- Supporting real-time data transmission (text, images, or videos) for elderly and medically vulnerable patients at remote locations with guaranteed QoS over 3G wireless networks
- Integrating sensors that sense patients’ clinical data and transmit those data securely to the cloud infrastructure through wireless networks
- Developing Ontology-based conceptual Semi-Structured data model and suitable query builder for healthcare data and integration mechanism for such data model onto the sensor-cloud environment
- Extending semi-structured data model based HER system for efficient video-medic (VM) service and healthcare knowledge extraction
- Efficiently storing and retrieving patients’ data (e.g. vital signs captured through health monitors and sensors, as well as medical history) in the cloud infrastructure with low response time
- Analyzing patient’s data and extracting knowledge to aid the doctors for better diagnosis and prognosis
- Handling security and privacy issues in a sensor-cloud infrastructure
- Building a robust prototype system for remote health services, deploying and testing its effectiveness
- Setting up Cloud Environment
- Web-based interface for accessing and controlling sensors
- User Interface at the Mobile Terminals for specialized VM services
- Semi-structured data models for healthcare data
- Ontology for healthcare data
- Sensor Cloud Infrastructure
- Mobility management algorithms in cloud environment
- Middleware for resource management and query handling
- QoS management for the VM services
- Integration of Semi-structured healthcare data model with Sensor Cloud infrastructure
- Developing Ontology Based Information Retrieval System
- SLA-based resource management in sensor-cloud infrastructure
- Overall security management
- Improving QoS aspects of the health services
- Providing Dynamic Learning Environment
- Integration of semi-structured healthcare data services for VM service in the sensor-cloud environment
|Prof. Nandini Mukherjee, Jadavpur Universityemail@example.com||Link to homepage|
|Dr. Nabendu Chaki, University of Calcuttafirstname.lastname@example.org||Link to homepage|
|Prof. Jaya Sil, BESUemail@example.com||Link to homepage|
|Ms. Monideepa Roy, KIITUfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Anirban Sakar, NIT Durgapuremail@example.com||Link to homepage|
|Rakesh Kumar Mishra, FGIETfirstname.lastname@example.org|
For more details, check the project website.
|Number of Workshop/Training(s)||0|