This project aims to study and investigate:
- Limits of communication, performance analysis – distributed systems characteristic of healthcare.
- Spectrum Sensing – tradeoffs for QoS.
- Interference management – EMI to healthcare equipment.
- Cross-layer optimization & scheduling issues.
- Hardware platform development. and,
- Location and security issues.
i) Efficient spectrum allocation:
- To build a deep understanding of ‘white space’ in both licensed and unlicensed cognitive radio band in the Indian context;
- Investigation on methods in combating the effects of interference due to primary secondary interaction and validity and implementation issues;
- Design of MAC protocols with sensing nodes for the job of incumbent detection and possibly provide efficient means to primary-secondary as well as secondary-secondary coexistence;
- To study the impacts of multiple channel availability coordination and secondary users’ access to multichannel CMAC protocols for their communication on the optimum number of sensing node deployment;
- To study the availability and cognitive usage of unlicensed spectrum, e.g., ISM (industrial, scientific, and medical) band, in parallel to conducting a similar study on licensed spectrum.
ii) Cognitive sensing solutions:
- Design, implementation, and benchmarking of spectrum sensing methods using different techniques, such as: (i) cyclostationary detection, (ii) feature assisted blind/semi-blind techniques, (iii) cooperative detection, and (iv) compressed spectrum sensing;
- Development of a FPGA test bed with single trans-receiver system on WARPLab, where a set of protocols and architecture will be studied in the open source environment;
- The single trans-receiver system implementation will be extended for multiple trans receiver systems to characterize real physical CR environment;
iii) Cross-layer protocol studies:
- Different Spectrum sensing algorithm will be tested in the FPGA testbed, and sensing OFDM signal will be specially investigated;
- Multi-antenna system for MIMO and beam forming will be implemented hardware for broadband CR environment to improve QoS and capacity in secondary user network;
- Dynamic spectrum access based on Genetic Algorithm, Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) or by any other suitable optimization algorithm will be investigated and implemented on FPGA testbed;
- Localization and resource optimization by Geometric Graph Model will also be investigated in CR platform;
|Dr. Shankar Prakriya, IITDemail@example.com||Link to homepage|
|Prof. Ranjan Gangopadhyay, LNMIITfirstname.lastname@example.org||Link to homepage|
|Dr. Sushanta Das, NIIT Uemail@example.com||Link to homepage|
|Dr. Abhirup Das, IRPE-CUfirstname.lastname@example.org||Link to homepage|
|Dr. Swades De, IITDemail@example.com||Link to homepage|
|Number of Workshop/Training(s)||0|